Ask Shelley - menu bar  
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Article on Triphala

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    AskShelley.com Forum Index -> Cleansing Fundamentals
edenfield
Researcher

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Great Article on Triphala Reply with quote

http://www.planetherbs.com/articles/triphala.html
shelley
Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially appreciated this quote from the article heheheh:

Quote:
I remember meeting a yogic master who was in his late eighties and staying in Santa Cruz for a few months. Being clear of mind and body, he could out walk anyone, both in terms of speed and distance. Besides his practice of meditation, he considered the fact that his remarkable fitness and health was primarily due to the fact that his diet consisted primarily of Kicharee (mung beans, rice, ghee and spices, i.e., cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt) and a daily dose of Triphala as the primary herbal tonic.

Troy
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelley i just bought triphala but this one different Brand, from famous company ( Himalaya) but i didn't read properly and on the bottle it say Approved colours used in empty hard gelatin capsules, is't safe?

Thanks
itslaura
Has >Two Cents

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy, I'm not sure what you mean by "approved colours" or why it might be an issue, but I've used Himalaya's triphala off and on for about 4 years and I like it. I buy a lot of it in India when I go.
Troy
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean that approved colours used in gelatin capsules that make the capsule white color, i'm afraid if the colours are toxic even they claim it's very safe

ur Himalaya triphala, the capsule is in white color rite? i mean not the transparent ones and their website is www.himalayahealthcare.com

thanks
itslaura
Has >Two Cents

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in the past the capsules were clear and now they are white. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about it. You can always ask them why they're using the whilte color.
Rozenkwarts
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: can triphala be used during pregnancy? Reply with quote

Thanks for this information. Very interesting.

I am wanting to try triphala, am slightly constipated. However, I'm 3 months pregnant so should normally avoid all supplements. Crying or Very sad

Anyone know if it is safe to take when pregnant?

Thanks
shelley
Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's just fruit! it's like taking Fruit-Eze, but BETTER. Smile Best to wait until the second trimester tho, as anything that brings on an energy surge downwards is not good so during the first trimester. And as always, test with kinesiology first to be CERTAIN SURE.
Kamala
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Good triphala source Reply with quote

Shelley and all,

I hope it's okay to make a suggestion about a food source on this forum. (I am in no way profiting other than generating good karma by spreading the truth!)

My mom and I have very similar body types. Recently she went on a liver cleanse and, after stopping, her nice well-shaped stools became sludge. I have been having the same problem.

She was told by an ayurvedic salesmen to take 1 teaspoon of triphala in water 15 min. before eating each meal. Her stools have reformed to their original magnificence!

I am trying the same thing and have seen some improvement too. We get our triphala from this website. http://www.ayurveda-herbs.com/

It is only $12 a jar although it is powdered so it tastes very bitter. I don't mind because I think it is very pure product.

Namaste! Kamala
shelley
Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's perfectly okay, and very welcome! Smile
Troy
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelley how about colouring used in gelatin capsules/Triphala? are they oke?

Thanks
milgurl
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if this was OK: Its called Solaray Triphala and it is like brown capsules. other ingrediants include: gelatin capsule, Cellulose and magnesium stearate.
shelley
Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solaray is a brand I trust.
wulala78
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: i like it Reply with quote

i like this topic.Thank you.it is helpful

Contact me at Brewers jersey
Cubs jersey
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    AskShelley.com Forum Index -> Cleansing Fundamentals All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add this topic to your bookmarks

Letting Agent Ipswich | חברת אבטחה | Auto Repair Los Angeles
Home  |  Home  |  Home  |  Home  |  Home