Ask Shelley - menu bar  
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ready to stop triphala

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    AskShelley.com Forum Index -> Cleansing Fundamentals
ALKALIZING KATIE
Confident Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: ready to stop triphala Reply with quote

Shelley, I think it is time for me to stop relying on triphala or oxy to poop daily. I want my body to go on its own and I think it will. Just might have a couple days I dont a week. So, I need help on my approach. Which is better, A or B option.

A- take no triphala or oxy. If I have no BM one day, then take oxy that night.

B- take no triphala or oxy. If I have no BM that day, then do an enema.

Thanks
Katie
shelley
Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice would be to keep taking the triphala but don't take the Oxy-powder. Triphala is prescribed by Ayurvedic doctors for an entire year to restore bowel health. Oxy-powder will, over time, mess up your electrolytes.

Triphala plus drinking one cup of the Digest-Ease tea with Fennel at night should keep you pretty regular. If you don't have a BM for two days, then do an enema.
ALKALIZING KATIE
Confident Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks-that is great help! Reply with quote

This is good. I have been taking triphala for 11 months. I will get some of that tea too. I think the natural calm will help too.
h0ppy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since I became vegetarian, my problems with constipation have completely disappeared. I don't think I digest dense animal protein well. You may want to try taking some flax tea every evening.

Last edited by h0ppy on Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
ALKALIZING KATIE
Confident Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: flax tea Reply with quote

I take fresh ground flaxseed every day. Is the tea different? I too dont eat meat but once a week. It just screws me up.
shelley
Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freshly ground flaxseeds are great for adding fiber, omega 3's and lignans to your diet. But if you have tons of problems with constipation and want to cleanse, it's better to to put the ground flax seeds in a glass of very warm water, or make flax seed tea. The addition of the moisture helps them move faster, and cooking them makes the fiber softer. But cooking means you lose some of the nutritional benefits, as the lignans are easily denatured.
ALKALIZING KATIE
Confident Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: flaxseed Reply with quote

So can I grind them, put them in warm water, and drink them ? Or did you mean not ground them and put them in warm water? I dont drink anything with it right now. I treat it like food which you eat without water.
shelley
Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, grind and put in warm water. Smile That makes them much more of a constipation cure.

If you leave them whole you really have to do the tea thing and simmer for a little while. That releases all their gooeyness. Wink
ALKALIZING KATIE
Confident Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: this is all good! Reply with quote

I might not need triphala if I do flaxseed in warm water then. WOOHOO!! I will take the triphala, but hopefully I will notice a difference Razz
h0ppy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put pour 8oz of boiling water over 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed, then let it sit uncovered for 15 minutes. But make sure to stir occasionally because sometimes the flax likes to clump together in one big ball.
ALKALIZING KATIE
Confident Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: one more question about flaxseed Reply with quote

Ok so if I drink the flaxseed with a warm glass of water, how long do I wait to eat dinner since I just had a big glass of water? 30 minutes?
h0ppy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be enough time.
ALKALIZING KATIE
Confident Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Thanks Hoppy ! Reply with quote

Smile Im going to start tomorrow. I liver flushed last night and took IF#2 (the fiber with clay stuff) today. And triphala. I might be doing an enema tomorrow because that clay stops me up typically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    AskShelley.com Forum Index -> Cleansing Fundamentals All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add this topic to your bookmarks

Letting Agent Ipswich | חברת אבטחה | Auto Repair Los Angeles
Home  |  Home  |  Home  |  Home  |  Home